Beliefs and values
The heart of the WORD International Ministries is the adoption of a global strategy for church planting and leadership development to fulfill its commitment to the Great Commission of Jesus Christ. To bring unsaved and nominal Christians to a saving knowledge of Christ and to train national leaders to proclaim the Gospel to their own people and to other nations.
We will thrust into the world as a Biblically sharpened and potent Spirit-filled force winning souls, planting and building communities of discipled believers equipped to preach the Gospel through transformed lives.
We are an international community of churches bound as one by a covenant to evangelize the world and fulfill the Great Commission through the power of the Holy Spirit, the love that flows from His Son Jesus Christ and the fellowship of the believers.
Through this ministry we build communities of families where lives, regardless of their origin or status, are drawn and transformed to reflect the image of Jesus Christ, and to shine like stars in a dark world for the glory of God.
For this we lay our lives, for this we bear the torch that lights a path for the generations to follow until our Lord Jesus comes.
What We Believe
- that the Bible is the inspired Word of God.
- in one God revealed in three Persons, namely, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- that Jesus Christ is God’s only Son, conceived by the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. That Jesus was crucified, buried and raised from the dead. That He ascended to heaven and is today at God’s right hand praying on our behalf.
- that all people have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and that repentance is commanded by God and is necessary for forgiveness of sin.
- that salvation is received by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- in being made holy through faith in the blood of Christ, through the Word, and by the Holy Spirit.
- that God expects all believers to live a life of holiness.
- in being empowered by and filled with the Holy Spirit subsequent to a clean heart.
- in exercising spiritual gifts for the edification of the Body of Christ.
- in water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.
- that divine healing is provided for all through the sacrificial death of Jesus Christ.
- in observing the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saint’s feet.
- in the Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- in the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
What W.O.R.D. means
WORSHIP: We are committed to worship God, to love and serve Him with all our heart and soul and strength.
Reference verses: Luke 10:27; Deuteronomy 30:6; Joshua 22:5
OUTREACH: We are committed to go into all the nations proclaiming, persuading and teaching the gospel of peace and salvation, which has come through the inauguration of the Kingdom of God in the life and deeds of His Son Jesus Christ, the Lord.
Reference verses: John 3:16; 2 Corinthians 5: 18-20.
RELATIONSHIP: We are committed to building a community of faithful followers of Christ bound by their love and service to God and towards one another. And through the abounding grace of God, unites in fulfilling His call to serve, bringing hope to the needy and the hopeless.
Reference verses: Ephesians 4: 1-5; John 13:34; John 17:22-23; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14
DISCIPLESHIP: We are committed to the mandate to raise followers of our Lord Jesus Christ as the testimony to the world that the Kingdom of God and His Son has come!
Reference verses: Matthew 28:18-20; Galatians 4:19